Home > Title Management Version 8.2.1 > Copy From Title
Copy From Title in Title Positioning
Users are now able to copy titles from Title Positioning tabs such as Competitive Titles, Comparative Titles, and Author Sales Track using the new "Copy From Title" button. When users choose to Copy From Title in Title Summary, they will proceed through a wizard containing options to either copy all the titles within the tab, select a specific title to copy, or omit entire tabs.
- Starting from Title Summary, navigate to the Title Positioning section. (The example below shows the Competitive Titles tab.)
- After selecting a tab, click the "Copy From Title" button. (If "Copy From Title" does not appear make sure the section is in 'Edit' mode.)
- The Title Search window will appear. Find and select the specific title you wish to copy information from and click "Next."
- The following window provides options for selecting the tabs you want to copy. In this example, you may copy information from the Competitive Titles tab only or copy from other Title Positioning tabs additionally. Click "Next" to proceed.
- The Competitive Titles tab now displays the title(s) added via the "Copy From Title" option.
Copy From Title in Citations or Comments tab
This option allows users to copy title or citation comments from another title, including work related titles. In both the Comments and Citations tabs in Title Summary, there is a button called "Copy From Title" that produces a popup window called 'Copy Comments' window or 'Copy Citations' window, depending on which tab is being used. If users are copying from a work related title, they can select the title to copy from the dropdown provided. If using a basic title, users can click the magnifying glass next to the title and search for the title they want to copy. Users are able to preview the comments or citations and select which ones to be copied.
1. Go to Title Summary and click on either the Comments tab or the Citations tab. Then click the "Copy From Title" button located in the upper right corner of the section.
2. A Title Search window will then appear. Find and select the title you wish to copy from and click "OK."
3. The next window shows the 'Copy To' title and the 'Copy From' title. Here you have the option to copy over all the comments or citations, or to only select a few.
4. After clicking "OK," the newly copied citations or comments will be displayed in the tab.