Home > Title Management Version 8.2.1 > Copy Work Information for New Title
Copy Work Information for New Title
When creating titles via Add Title/Advanced or Create New Formats (from Title Search or Formats of Work), users have the option to do a one-time copy of a title's work related information instead of propagating. Propagating means to continually update information; this Copy Title option only copies the title's work related information once and does not keep the two titles linked, as does propagation. 'Work level information' is comprised of the same fields that would propagate, but the values in these fields are only copied once and can then be changed at any time without affecting the other title. The client customizes what fields make up 'work level information'. This option allows users to copy title information from a Primary title or another title in the work and then apply a template with additional information for the fields that were not populated by the copy.
- Navigate to Titles/Add New/Title/Advanced
- Add the Company/Publisher/Imprint for your new title. Click "Next."
- Add a Media and Format and then click "Next."
- Enter Product Number Information and click "Next."
- Select whether your title will be the Primary or Secondary Edition of another title. Click "Next."
- The Copy Title window will appear next, allowing you to select information you would like to be copied over to the newly created title. Only the 'work level information' is copied at this time. Once the title is created, this information can be updated or changed and it will not propagate to the title you select to copy from. Click "Next."
- When the Title Search window pops up, find and select the title you want to copy 'work level information' from and click "OK."
- If there are certain sections that you do not wish to copy information from, you can deselect the corresponding check boxes located to the left of the data groups. There is also a Clear Data option seen in this window. For example this could be checked off for Prices if you wish to still copy over the Price Type, but wanted to clear out the data value. When finished, click "Create."
- The newly created title displayed below shows the Pub Month, Misc Date, Authors, and Price being copied over. Again, clients choose what their 'work level information' is, and thus what fields they wish to be copied to the new title.